The Administration Division includes three units: the Office of the Executive Director, Finance and Local Governments. The Executive Director’s Office provides the general management and administration of the agency, and includes staff support for the Executive Board. The Executive Director is designated by the Executive Board as the chief administrative and executive officer for the agency. The Executive Director’s Office develops and maintains overall agency guidelines necessary for the appropriate administration of the agency’s fiscal and personnel resources. The Executive Director’s Office also provides direct program management on behalf of selected programs and activities. Service activities generated from these programs include general management, technical assistance, review of personnel and communications, and technology.
Administration provides the following services:
- Administration of general operation of the organization.
- Support to operations of the Board of Directors.
- Program direction for all RGCOG functional areas.
- Ongoing liaison to local, state and federal agencies on general activities.
- Identification of new program areas for the benefit of membership.
- Regular reports to Board of Directors and membership on issues and their implications to RGCOG region.
- Staff assistance to policy committee of the board of directors.
- Development and conduct of special training activities.
- Personnel administration, records management and reporting.
- Membership services and technical assistance.
- Special project development.
- Liaison for public records requests.
The functions of the Finance Division includes: purchasing, insurance, accounting, retirement system, budgeting and financial control, grant fiscal reporting, subcontractor monitoring, record retention maintenance, office space, fixed assets schedules, mail, office supply control, and administration of the copy center.
Develop and maintain financial standard operating procedures that allow all divisions to effectively carry out their grant management duties.
Finance provides the following services:
- Financial accountability to Board of Directors, membership, state and federal agencies.
- Development of Annual Budget.
- Completion of Annual Independent Audit.
- Management and control of all organization fixed assets and expendable equipment.
- Supervision of all support services.
- Provision of timely financial trends and opportunities.
- Management of employee benefits.
- Maintain financial integrity of the organization and all fiscal related activities.
- Ensure adherence to all federal/state fiscal policies, rules and regulations.
- Maintain an adequate system of internal controls in order to safeguard the assets of the organization.
- Development of Cost Allocation Plan.